The Awesome Combator
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
2012: The AC is permanently closed. If you wish to submit original fiction, we recommend NobleFiction.com.

Issue #4: "The Opposition"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andy
Administrator
Administrator
Andy

Issue #4: "The Opposition" Empty
PostSubject: Issue #4: "The Opposition"   Issue #4: "The Opposition" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 11:02 pm

The entire police force was out to arrest Adam Sanderson, who has now become popularized under the persona of 'T-Bot'. He remains the top news story for days, enchanting the media with a story that seems to have come right out of a comic book. Adam would have great difficulty hiding from the police, and even greater difficulty hiding from the media. Soon, government agencies would be after him, wanting to dissect and study him.
With nowhere to hide, Adam had only one place to go, straight into the belly of the beast, where he would be least expected: The local Police Office.

Officer
"Hello, what can I do for you?"

Adam
"My name is Adam Sanderson..."

Officer
"Are you here to report a crime?"

Adam was in disbelief. The Officer recognized neither his name or face. He didn't even stop to give him a second thought. Maybe a more blunt approach would be necessary.

Adam
"I'm T-Bot, I am the one who killed the Mayor's aide a few days ago."

Adam doesn't receive the response he expected. Instead, the officer looks up at him, clearly annoyed.

Officer
"Look kid, you're not the first to try and play this prank on us. It's not funny, and I could even have you arrested for it, i'm serious. If you have any actual information that can help us, we have a form for you to fill out. Otherwise, please leave here before I stop being nice."

Adam
"I'm telling you the truth! You have to hear me out!"

Adam's anger transfers over to the Officer, who ping pongs it right back at him. He leaps out of his chair, losing his cool. He draws the attention of all the other officers in the building, as well as the chief of police, who just walked in from his office.

Officer
"I've had enough of this! I will have you and all of your punk friends arrested--"

Chief Myers
[i]"Reynolds, that's enough!"

Adam and the Police Chief catch each other's vision, both curious and concerned.

Chief Myers
"I'll talk to him."

Officer Reynolds respects the authority of the chief of police, and promptly sits down, pretending as though nothing happened, and that Adam is now invisible to him. Chief Myers opens the door to his office back up and invites Adam to have a seat inside, who humbly accepts. The fear in Oliver Myer's eyes is not hidden very well. Adam sees right through his smokescreen, there's no question that this man recognizes him.

Chief Myers
"It would make my job much easier if you are here to turn yourself in, but I can tell that you have something else on your mind. State your intentions."

Adam
"You need to know that I'm one of the good guys..."

Chief Myers
"Is that so?"

Adam
"The Mayor and his associates had me killed because I was a witness to a murder they committed. They covered it up to look like I was killed by some gang members."

Chief Myers
"That's quite an accusation... Do you have any proof of this claim?"

Adam
"No, but I was there.. I witnessed the whole thing! I was there to see my own death, and now I'm here, telling you how it all happened!"

Chief Myers
"Mr. Sanderson, I was the one who closed the case of your murder. The evidence was overwhelming, we even had confessions by your murderers. There was no indication that anything was tampered with. Now you wish to tell me that I have put three young, innocent men behind bars for the rest of their life for no reason? <sigh> Even if I wanted to believe you, without proof you have no case. You have no chance of convincing anyone with only one witness, even if it is the victim himself."

Adam
"Then I guess I'm on my own..."

Chief Myers
"What are you going to do? What is it that you want?"

Adam
"Revenge! I want vengeance. I won't stop until they're dead, the ones who killed me."

Chief Myers
"You know I can't let you walk out that door."

Adam
"You will have to... I don't want to have to hurt anyone else! But I won't let anyone get in my way!"

Almost as if on cue, Chief Myers leans over and grabs his telephone and puts it to his ear, without dialing anything.

Chief Myers
"Jon, send him in."

Adam waits, allowing his curiosity to get the best of him, and the door behind him momentarily opens. In handcuffs, Richard Sanderson, his father, walks in, depressed and concerned. Immediately, he rushes over to hug his son, overjoyed for just an instant, before he remembers what is happening.
Back to top Go down

Issue #4: "The Opposition"
Page 1 of 1