The Awesome Combator
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
2012: The AC is permanently closed. If you wish to submit original fiction, we recommend NobleFiction.com.

Ideas appreciated!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Andy
Administrator
Administrator
Andy

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 10:43 pm

Let me know if you have any ideas on what we can do to improve the Forum. Besides advertising. I'll get to that later. Ideas appreciated! Row_577
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Illustrious
Illustrious
Jimbob

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 12:05 pm

I dunno, MNore Boards to Talk on like a "Flame Board" or "Debate/Argument Board" Also more boards to Talk on liek... I dunno, You're the Admin...
Back to top Go down
The Dark Angel
Exalted
Exalted
The Dark Angel

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 2:58 pm

Jimbob wrote:
I dunno, MNore Boards to Talk on like a "Flame Board" or "Debate/Argument Board" Also more boards to Talk on liek... I dunno, You're the Admin...
I agree. There should be more options.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Administrator
Administrator
Andy

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 3:47 pm

I'm not sure how a flame board would benefit the Forum, and Debate/Argument could kind of happen anywhere anyways. I can't really think of any new boards that are necessary, what do you guys think? What else would you want to discuss?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Illustrious
Illustrious
Jimbob

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 12:38 pm

Maybe Change the Catagory Bars, If you know how... They're a bit dull... Or a Skin Selector because though the Current Skin is good But it get's a bit boring... No big deal though except some Guests will turn away (Trust me... Ideas appreciated! Eusa_wal I've made many of Forums)

Anyway Besides Lack of Members this is a good site.

Last edited by on Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Dark Angel
Exalted
Exalted
The Dark Angel

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 12:56 pm

There has to be a way to get more members.
Back to top Go down
Son Gohan
Illustrious
Illustrious

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 9:21 am

how about we can write a review for the story we read.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Illustrious
Illustrious
Jimbob

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 8:39 am

A Story of the Week or Month forum? Great Stories that are widly recognised are movd here. When there is more members though...
Back to top Go down
Andy
Administrator
Administrator
Andy

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 7:36 pm

Jimbob wrote:
A Story of the Week or Month forum? Great Stories that are widly recognised are movd here. When there is more members though...

That's definitely something I have wanted to do here. I'm just not sure how to do it exactly.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Illustrious
Illustrious
Jimbob

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 6:52 pm

Ideas appreciated! Eusa_dan Go me... Go me...

You will need a couple more Super Moderators/Admins *CoughTopPosterCough* Ideas appreciated! Row_577 and you'll need a lot more members. You can just edit the name of the Story in its board and say something like.

'Storyname Uber Award (DD/MM)' and then post a link to the Story in the Story of the Week/Month forum and people can discuss its sucsess. Also there would be a Sticky Post in the Story of the Month board called 'Archive'. Then at the End of a Year, Make a Poll with all 12 Stories of the Month and they can win Story of the Year and earn a Global Mod Status.

There should also be a Writer of the Month/Year as well, not for there stories but for their style of writing ect.
Back to top Go down
Son Gohan
Illustrious
Illustrious

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 8:42 am

I agree with Jimbob so when that time come,put up a poll.If there is a new member and he/she story is good as well then put up another poll.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Angel
Exalted
Exalted
The Dark Angel

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 11:25 am

I think that there should be several different kinds of awards.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Illustrious
Illustrious
Jimbob

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 8:30 am

First we need several differant members Ideas appreciated! Row_577 .

Bulk E-mail all the DBV members on the Admins Control Panel (On DBV)...
Back to top Go down
Andy
Administrator
Administrator
Andy

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 5:52 pm

Jimbob wrote:
First we need several differant members Ideas appreciated! Row_577 .

Bulk E-mail all the DBV members on the Admins Control Panel (On DBV)...

I already did that. Ideas appreciated! Row_435 I just think that I need something bigger to attract more people to the site. (Working on it? Ideas appreciated! Eusa_thi )
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Illustrious
Illustrious
Jimbob

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 9:21 am

Work faster! Ideas appreciated! Bs_imgoi Ideas appreciated! Bs_spam Anyway Good luck Andy Ideas appreciated! Eusa_dan .
Back to top Go down
Andy
Administrator
Administrator
Andy

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 1:14 pm

There will be a "Story of the Month" poll soon. In the meantime, what do you think of the changes on here?
Back to top Go down
dannblood
Redoubtable
Redoubtable

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 7:28 am

Hmm, I dont really like the new bubbles next to the topic. Sure, the zzz and yay ones are clever, but i preferred the bright red colour to instantly let me know if theres an update.
Other than that, everythings fine.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Administrator
Administrator
Andy

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 9:16 am

dannblood wrote:
Hmm, I dont really like the new bubbles next to the topic. Sure, the zzz and yay ones are clever, but i preferred the bright red colour to instantly let me know if theres an update.
Other than that, everythings fine.

I agree with you, I'll probably fade the "zzz" out and maybe make the yay red, to make the difference more noticeable.
Back to top Go down
dannblood
Redoubtable
Redoubtable

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 5:00 pm

Thats great, looks ALOT better. Happy upcoming birthday as well.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Illustrious
Illustrious
Jimbob

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 1:23 pm

A lot better, like i'm underwater..... Well done Ideas appreciated! Eusa_cla
Back to top Go down
The Dark Angel
Exalted
Exalted
The Dark Angel

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 2:22 pm

Why don't you open up the portal option? I cant really say if it will improve the site, but it could hurt. Go to Administration Panel (I use the old version because it's easier for me to understand), use Advanced Options, go to Portal, then Configuration. Where it says "Show the Portal", click on yes. Then choose whatever other options that you want to use.

I don't know if you already know how to do this. But if you don't, then now you know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ideas appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas appreciated!   Ideas appreciated! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas appreciated!
Page 1 of 1