The Awesome Combator
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
2012: The AC is permanently closed. If you wish to submit original fiction, we recommend NobleFiction.com.

Vote for your Favorite Stories!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Andy
Administrator
Administrator
Andy

Vote for your Favorite Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Vote for your Favorite Stories!   Vote for your Favorite Stories! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 12:57 am

I will soon be adding a new forum that will link the Top 10 stories as voted on by members of the AC. The #1 rated story will be personally advertised at the top of the forum, and will be given its own story usergroup moderated by the author, in which the author can send mass PMs to subscribed users.

For a story to Qualify, it must be original content, and either completed or approximately 500 words or more. Completed songs and poetry are eligible, as are original articles or parodies in the Comedy Forum, however, jokes or quotes will not be eligible. Needless to say, Fan-Fiction is also not eligible. Single chapters, or stories dependent on another story are also not eligible.

For a member to qualify to vote, he or she must have been a member for at least one month (30 days). Each member can vote only once on a particular story that is listed below, using the format that is also listed below. Members ARE allowed to vote on their own stories. Members are not required to vote for every or any story, and can continue submitting their votes unless they are voting more than once on the same story.

Your vote will only be seen by your eyes and my own, and will be treated as confidential. It is entirely up to you if you wish to disclose your votes. Votes will be tallied up and the rankings will be updated weekly.

To vote on a story, please follow the template below, submitting it to me through private message:

SUBJECT LINE: Top 10 Voting
MESSAGE BOX: [Story Title]: (Member can rate a story between 1 and 5, 5 being the highest rank).

Members are encouraged to vote on multiple stories in one PM. PMs that do not comply with the rules above or are unintelligible will be discarded.

Qualified Stories will be listed in the following post, and will be updated weekly...

Last edited by on Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Andy
Administrator
Administrator
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your Favorite Stories!   Vote for your Favorite Stories! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 1:11 am

"Dairy Romantica" by Commax
"Akai te dei (Red Hand day)" by Saigen
"The Mind Bender" by Zaya
"T-Bot" by Andy
"Cipher" by 100 Shots
"Intro" by 100 Shots
"Be cautious" by 100 Shots
"24 bars" by 100 Shots
"Short hook" by 100 Shots
"In the Van on Comeback Road" by Dannblood
"2012 - The End of Music" by Dannblood
"Team Beta" by 100 Shots
Back to top Go down
Andy
Administrator
Administrator
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your Favorite Stories!   Vote for your Favorite Stories! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 9:55 pm

More votes are needed to break ties! Results will be listed in a few weeks!
Back to top Go down
The Dark Angel
Exalted
Exalted
The Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your Favorite Stories!   Vote for your Favorite Stories! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 1:57 pm

How will you know that people won't vote for their own story?
Back to top Go down
cleatus
Seasoned
Seasoned

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your Favorite Stories!   Vote for your Favorite Stories! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 4:58 pm

Andy wrote:
I will soon be adding a new forum that will link the Top 10 stories as voted on by members of the AC. The #1 rated story will be personally advertised at the top of the forum, and will be given its own story usergroup moderated by the author, in which the author can send mass PMs to subscribed users.

For a story to Qualify, it must be original content, and either completed or approximately 500 words or more. Completed songs and poetry are eligible, as are original articles or parodies in the Comedy Forum, however, jokes or quotes will not be eligible. Needless to say, Fan-Fiction is also not eligible. Single chapters, or stories dependent on another story are also not eligible.

For a member to qualify to vote, he or she must have been a member for at least one month (30 days). Each member can vote only once on a particular story that is listed below, using the format that is also listed below. Members ARE allowed to vote on their own stories. Members are not required to vote for every or any story, and can continue submitting their votes unless they are voting more than once on the same story.

Your vote will only be seen by your eyes and my own, and will be treated as confidential. It is entirely up to you if you wish to disclose your votes. Votes will be tallied up and the rankings will be updated weekly.

To vote on a story, please follow the template below, submitting it to me through private message:

SUBJECT LINE: Top 10 Voting
MESSAGE BOX: [Story Title]: (Member can rate a story between 1 and 5, 5 being the highest rank).

Members are encouraged to vote on multiple stories in one PM. PMs that do not comply with the rules above or are unintelligible will be discarded.

Qualified Stories will be listed in the following post, and will be updated weekly...
Back to top Go down
Andy
Administrator
Administrator
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your Favorite Stories!   Vote for your Favorite Stories! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 6:51 pm

Zaya wrote:
How will you know that people won't vote for their own story?

People are welcome to vote for their own story.

I think I may have not been clear, you are not comparing stories, you are ranking them singularly 1 through 5, based on how much you like them. You can give all stories a 5, if you like them that much. You don't have to vote for every story, or any story for that matter. But you can only vote on a story once. If you give "Finale" a 5, you can never vote on it again.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Administrator
Administrator
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your Favorite Stories!   Vote for your Favorite Stories! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 11:52 pm

Results will be listed the weekend following the coming saturday! I know that a few of you have not yet voted, so you still have a chance to do so.

My apologies for having been away. I am out of the country right now with a poor and unreliable internet connection. I will be home next week.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Administrator
Administrator
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your Favorite Stories!   Vote for your Favorite Stories! Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 12:43 am

Since I didn't get a tie-breaking vote and several of you didn't vote at all, I am canceling the rankings until further notice.
Back to top Go down
Son Gohan
Illustrious
Illustrious

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your Favorite Stories!   Vote for your Favorite Stories! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 3:02 am

so when the next vote
Back to top Go down
ohlavash
Patrician
Patrician
ohlavash

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your Favorite Stories!   Vote for your Favorite Stories! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:56 am

Quick query: Will the rankings ever be brought back? Perhaps when you have finished updating the AC?
Back to top Go down
Andy
Administrator
Administrator
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your Favorite Stories!   Vote for your Favorite Stories! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 8:31 am

ohlavash wrote:
Quick query: Will the rankings ever be brought back? Perhaps when you have finished updating the AC?

I suppose I could. I was considering changing the "Author Spotlight" to instead feature a story instead of an author.
Back to top Go down
Son Gohan
Illustrious
Illustrious

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your Favorite Stories!   Vote for your Favorite Stories! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 10:11 am

how about having both.

A author stoplight and a story spotlight of the month. that will be interesting to see.

And if the site does have a sudden boom in the chapter, we can have ranking system. if thing goes well, the site will have people competiting for the top like a monthly tournement
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your Favorite Stories!   Vote for your Favorite Stories! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vote for your Favorite Stories!
Page 1 of 1