The Awesome Combator
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
2012: The AC is permanently closed. If you wish to submit original fiction, we recommend NobleFiction.com.

T-Bot Opinions

Go down 
+2
Jimbob
Andy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Andy
Administrator
Administrator
Andy

T-Bot Opinions Empty
PostSubject: T-Bot Opinions   T-Bot Opinions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 6:52 pm

I am hoping for some constructive criticism for my T-Bot re-write. Anything except saying that the name T-Bot is retarded would be helpful. T-Bot Opinions Row3_18

I've been using more description in it and I'm hoping it has turned out a lot better.

Thanks T-Bot Opinions Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Illustrious
Illustrious
Jimbob

T-Bot Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Bot Opinions   T-Bot Opinions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2007 2:30 pm

T-Bot is Retarded T-Bot Opinions Row_361 Just Kidding

I never read the original but this is pretty good the only thing is (like mine) it just seems a bit rushed but it is a Great story T-Bot Opinions Eusa_dan T-Bot Opinions Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
dannblood
Redoubtable
Redoubtable

T-Bot Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Bot Opinions   T-Bot Opinions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2007 8:20 pm

From what ive read, its fine. You dont need to rush it, because im fairly sure our 9 users wont cause a riot over something that takes 3 days more per issue.
Apart from that, the only other problem i can find is the cheesy name T-Bot Opinions Msn_wink
Then again they let robo cop on TV, so i dont really have a problem.

Oh, and would you be able to work on a way to sticky our work on order? For example, if i have a 3 part series, I would want to finish part 1, 2 and 3, sticky them in order and lock them so nobody could post, making my job easier.
Example.
Instead of it being like below.
Part 3
Part 2
Part 1
Would you work on something like this?
Sticky: Part 1
Sticky: Part 2
Sticky: Part 3
Also, wondering if, after ive locked, could i unlock the post and edit the post?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Illustrious
Illustrious
Jimbob

T-Bot Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Bot Opinions   T-Bot Opinions Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2007 11:36 am

yeah you can and The order you sticky the posts is the order it stays I think
Back to top Go down
The Dark Angel
Exalted
Exalted
The Dark Angel

T-Bot Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Bot Opinions   T-Bot Opinions Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2007 2:20 pm

I love T-bot. T-Bot Opinions Thumbsup The story idea is almost like one of my fantasies (that obviously will never happen) of having a robotic body. But my fantasy doesn't involve getting killed.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Administrator
Administrator
Andy

T-Bot Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Bot Opinions   T-Bot Opinions Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2007 3:05 pm

dannblood wrote:
From what ive read, its fine. You dont need to rush it, because im fairly sure our 9 users wont cause a riot over something that takes 3 days more per issue.
Apart from that, the only other problem i can find is the cheesy name T-Bot Opinions Msn_wink
Then again they let robo cop on TV, so i dont really have a problem.

Oh, and would you be able to work on a way to sticky our work on order? For example, if i have a 3 part series, I would want to finish part 1, 2 and 3, sticky them in order and lock them so nobody could post, making my job easier.
Example.
Instead of it being like below.
Part 3
Part 2
Part 1
Would you work on something like this?
Sticky: Part 1
Sticky: Part 2
Sticky: Part 3
Also, wondering if, after ive locked, could i unlock the post and edit the post?

You should be able to sticky and lock/unlock everything in your forum. If you can't, let me know. You may be able to post in locked forums while being a moderator, but i'm not sure on that. But yes, you can lock and unlock.

As far as keeping them in order, the simplest way to do that is to edit and re-send them. It should send the last edited message to the top. But if you're labeling them as Part 1, Part 2, etc, it should be easy for readers to figure out which one to start with anyway. But if you really insist they be in order, I can always create sub-forums for you within your forum that can be ordered correctly. Just give me the same information as you would be when requesting a new forum, I need the description and name.

Please ask this in the correct forum next time though! T-Bot Opinions Eusa_nau T-Bot Opinions Row_577

jimbob wrote:

I never read the original but this is pretty good the only thing is (like mine) it just seems a bit rushed but it is a Great story

Thanks! I'm not sure what you mean by rushed though. The original is still up here
Back to top Go down
100 Shots
Patrician
Patrician
100 Shots

T-Bot Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Bot Opinions   T-Bot Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 7:48 pm

I wish you'd describe character appearances and settings. But interesting none the less
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Illustrious
Illustrious
Jimbob

T-Bot Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Bot Opinions   T-Bot Opinions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 1:51 pm

Thats what I mean by Rushed... Description ios most peoples Downfall and Sadly Andy... Me and you have that Downfall *SHOCK SHOCK HORROR HORROR*
Back to top Go down
Andy
Administrator
Administrator
Andy

T-Bot Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Bot Opinions   T-Bot Opinions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 10:39 pm

Thanks I'll work on that. T-Bot #3 should be up in the next few days. I am also planning two more (short) originals for AC along with Migori whenever I get to that.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Illustrious
Illustrious
Jimbob

T-Bot Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Bot Opinions   T-Bot Opinions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 7:24 pm

Like the new issue Andy! Only problem is there should've been a more emotional goodbye, he has strived tirelessly to bring back his son and he has become a murderer. That's the only critisism though ;) Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Administrator
Administrator
Andy

T-Bot Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Bot Opinions   T-Bot Opinions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 11:28 pm

You're probably right. I was mainly just focusing on the panic that would be pretty strong at the moment, knowing that police would be there at any moment.

Also if anyone's confused, I didn't complete #3 yet, I just couldn't write anymore and I wanted to post something so everyone would know i'm still alive.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Illustrious
Illustrious
Jimbob

T-Bot Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Bot Opinions   T-Bot Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 6:16 pm

Yeah, I was gonna assume your posistion because you've been dead latley... like this whole place *Tumbleweed rolls by*. T-Bot Opinions Row_577 Anyway If you're posting more then good luck!
Back to top Go down
FromTheMirage
Neophyte
Neophyte

T-Bot Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Bot Opinions   T-Bot Opinions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 7:15 am

Erm, I think the cheesy name was my fault.

This is Monkeydude, by the way. I just checked DBV tonight for the first time in however long and was quite sad to see DBV gone. I've grown attached to that story over the years and I always thought it would be there. Ah well, such is life.

I came over here and decided to register. I promise to be more active but what is a promise on the online world?
Back to top Go down
Andy
Administrator
Administrator
Andy

T-Bot Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Bot Opinions   T-Bot Opinions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 12:10 am

FromTheMirage wrote:
Erm, I think the cheesy name was my fault.

This is Monkeydude, by the way. I just checked DBV tonight for the first time in however long and was quite sad to see DBV gone. I've grown attached to that story over the years and I always thought it would be there. Ah well, such is life.

I came over here and decided to register. I promise to be more active but what is a promise on the online world?

Don't worry, I have all of DBV and it will be re-posted on this site. The only episodes missing will be Part 2 of the Last saga.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

T-Bot Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Bot Opinions   T-Bot Opinions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

T-Bot Opinions
Page 1 of 1