The Awesome Combator
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
2012: The AC is permanently closed. If you wish to submit original fiction, we recommend NobleFiction.com.

Prologue

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ghost
Neophyte
Neophyte

Prologue Empty
PostSubject: Prologue   Prologue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:11 am

Prologue

What man's repentance upon his death bed can possible out weigh the sins of the lifetime that proceeded it. This is what I believe, a wrong is a wrong regardless of whether or not the person who commited the action learns to regret it when his words will no longer have long lasting consequences becuse he will no longer be around to experience them. It sickens me to see all these people weeping at my father's feet, he was far from being a man worthy of such a display. He called me over to him and with tears streaming down his checks he gave me a heart-felt apology for the things he had done. The weakness in his voice along with his wavering ability to speak in an intelligent manor made it difficult for any other person in the room not to be struck with pity for this man who's son now stared down at him with eye's as cold emotionless as those of a corpse. This won me quiet a bit of resentment from all the people present, though I truly didn't have a care for any of them anyway.

"Robert!" My brother yelled, me as he walked agressively tword me. I quickly caught the flames of hate shooting from his eyes directed tword me. He stoped his stride when his face had arrived just a few inches from my face. "What the fuck is wrong with you!? Why are you acting like this now, at least show him some fucking respect when he's dying. Do you know what all these people think of you right now? Do you know what it means if all these people hate you. Your life will be fucking over you fucking retard!"

"I'm sorry mike but I don't even have it in me to pretend like I care about that man or even about any of these people."

My brother was now lived he balled his hands into fist and I could see in his eyes that he was doing everything he could to hold himself back from stricking me down right then and there. "Fine do what ever you want you stupid fucking piece of shit." he walked of in a fit of rage went back to my father's side.

My father was the most worthless man who walked on earth. Two of my brothers died becuse of him, my mother killed herself becuse of him, I am likely going to die soon becuse of him. I will never forgive him.

The old man finally chocked out his last breath and I was allowed to leave. I of courese was the first to leave the room, garnering for myself even more hatred then I hade previously been rewared for my coldness. The rest of the people stayed to take moments to morn the man but I had no need for that. The beauty of the room I had just exited was instantly contrasted with the filthy hall I had just walked into. My father had lived on his own for years and has been bed-ridden for years as well. He had nurses and maids take care of him incessantly. The made a point of careing for the room in which he lived but could not give less of a shit about the rest of the house, they even seemed to intentionally destroy parts of it. To the best of my knowledge he was never made aware of this fact. Its amazing how one can be so ignorent of there suroundings when they are trapped in small world as my father was. I belive that both figuratively and literally this applies to most, if not all people. I sat in my car and before driving off I took one last look at the mansion my father owned through my dirty windshield and couldn't help but get the feeling that this was a far more accurate view of the place then one could ever see there own eyes. I pulled away and made my home, knowing I would most likely not be seeing much more of life in the coming days.

I would have to say That I was in a Fairly good mode.
Back to top Go down

Prologue
Page 1 of 1