The Awesome Combator
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
2012: The AC is permanently closed. If you wish to submit original fiction, we recommend NobleFiction.com.

Team Beta

Go down 
AuthorMessage
100 Shots
Patrician
Patrician
100 Shots

Team Beta Empty
PostSubject: Team Beta   Team Beta Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:39 pm

Chapter one
Team Beta's awakening

---

[5:00 AM-Team Beta compound]

A symphony of daunting sounds disperses through out the compound; waking the slumber of a member of Team Beta.

Brey:
“Turn that damn thing off.”

The Guerilla of the group: Breyshawn King. He’s agitated by loud sounds, and never stays calm around a loud alarm clock. He pulls the gray covers with a snap; his arms rivaled oak trees in size and color.

Light shines in from the sunrise directly into the room from the window making the room visible. The walls were gray black like the ceiling and the floors were hard wood. Brey's clothes were now visible. He wears a smug look, a white tang top and a black dorag. He takes his fist and pounds it on the wall behind his bed stand. Rumbling disturbs the sleepers on the other side.

Brey:
" Yo! Wake up! "

Another man awakens; sluggishly and calm; his hair dark as a panthers fur, and in blades so sharp they'd cut through diamonds. His body is somewhat muscular, and his upper half is covered by a black tank top. His name is Sokai or Sakai, as he's more affectionately known. His room is identical to Brey's.

He opens his sleep ridden eyes, his iris's gold as the sun it's self. He lifelessly stumbles out bed and walks in a trance like fashion toward the source if the alarm -- a black-metallic-rectangular box his like-shaped translucent scarlet button in the center.

He pressed down on it and the sound evaporates out of the room. He then turns lazily to a black bed his gray sheet over it; the sheets shift positions and Sakai calls out to it.

Sakai:
"Oshid!"

[Authors note: pronounced O-sheed]

The blanket flips over and reveals a man with long flowing grayish silver hair, rivaling the color of the ever-roaming clouds lost in the vast firmament. Respectively, his eyes were a deep blue, and revealed depth that could not be fathomed. The edges of his eyes were sleek, giving him a charismatic, and almost-mysterious look. His chest is vacant of a shirt.

Oshid:
"It's time already?"

Sakai:
"Yeah go ready the craft."

Oshid puts on his signature gray shirt quickly, and removes the bed covers revealing his blue pants and white socks, he turns to the side and slips his feet in to two black boots on the side of his bed.

Sakai is already clothed sporting a button up black coat with a Chinese collar that's red at the brim with matching pants and boots.

Oshid rushes out of the back door of their room. Sakai walks out of the front door and into the corridor; the walls and ceiling are hexagonal, the floor is smooth and tiled, the whole corridor is red. Standing there is Breyshawn wearing the same uniform as Oshid but with a blue jacket and an ebony shirt instead of gray and a silver cross on a chain. He's conversing with another--a female.

Across from Brey is a Spanish female – Janet -- wearing the same as him. Her hair is rich and brown about shoulder length. Her eyes are dark round caring a loving look in them. Her lips were like pink cherries fit to be eating. She gives off fragrant smell off apples. A giggle wanders out of her mouth while listening to Breys story.

Brey:
"So then I was like: 'Yo, young bull!' and then I was like--"

Brey's story yields it self as the sound of Sakai boots enters in the room.

Janet:
"Buenos Dias!"

Brey:
"Took you long enough."

Sakai snickers at Brey’s comment and continues to walk through the crimson corridors.

[5:16-AM Docking Bay]

They walk into the docking bay; the ceiling is black and rectangular, the walls are glistening cerulean, and there lies black vehicle twice the length of a van with an intermediate sized propeller and a jet engine. In the pilot seat lies Oshid with a seldom look on his face, as he starts the propeller, a door opens up and a staircase emerges downward and the three enter the craft. The ceiling opens up and the craft levitates upward into sky, the boosters in the back activates and craft sets off arrays of blue hues as it takes off.

---
Character sheet

Sakai/Sokai Eosaki: Calm and levelheaded leader of Team Beta. He has a mild sense of humor, and enhanced strength & speed, along with the ability of flight. His history is very enigmatic. Rumor has it he’s from a hidden tribe that pass’ gifts' to certain children at birth which would explain his powers.

Oshida Haketo (Oshid): Oshid was in a family of Pyrokinetic. The difference from him is he was born without control of it. His parents exiled him to find an outlet to focus his power, to get some discipline. He eventually takes up swordsmanship, and become a pilot, and ends up in team Beta as their transporter.

Breyshawn King (Brey): A 21 years old of African decent. When he was 15 a caught skin cancer, the only cure at the time was in the possession of Epsilon, It was free for on account of his brother being a member. The cure was to have nanobots installed in his skin, to prevent the cancer cells from reproducing. A side was the nanobots made a metal alloy inside his skin; he can now activate the metal like relaxing a muscle.

Janet Estevanico: a 20-year-old woman of Spanish decent. Like Brey; she was also diagnosed with an illness at a young age. She had to be given ‘Agent Blue’. It made a batch of special ATP in her body called ‘abATP’ which released a highly destructive energy that can disrupt some fundamental forces give her the ability to shoot lightening volts.
---
Credits
Mega Cartman-Creator, writer
Strife99-Co-writer
Silver Fox-Editor
JC -Contributing member

©COPYRIGHT 2005
Back to top Go down
100 Shots
Patrician
Patrician
100 Shots

Team Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Beta   Team Beta Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 12:55 am

[Chapter 2... Stronghold of tyranny...]

The aircraft zooms across the vast Ocean of gray clouds like a torpedo with jet fuel. The propeller emits

Rapid thumping noises like rubber smacking the concrete. The pilot-- Oshid --is enraptured in solitude and

Concentration. His face is like an empty sheet-- void of life, and indulged in the control lever and the throttle.

In the black leather upholstery of seat adjacent to Oshid, Sakai reclines staring out at the dank scenery, supporting his chin with his creamy palm

Behind sits the Buxomly Janet with the same inept expression; staring out the window

With her leg situated on the seat and her arm draped around it, while Brey sits hunched over placing his arms in the

Middle of his open lap while fiddling the square shaped earring in his left ear that divided into eight sections and

There’s a diamond in each and a diamond in the middle.

Brey:
"Uhhh.... What're we doin' again?"

Sakai turns around moderately annoyed.

Sakai:
"You forgot the mission specs? That fast?"

Brey:
"I'm a busy man. I got big calls to call."

Janet looks up toward Sakai

Janet:
"Yeah I forgot too."

She spoke softly.

Sakai signed in intolerance

Sakai:
"We're headed to the southern Boukun stronghold. To pick up were one of the Epsilon spies left off."

Brey:
"Finish off doin' what? Damn it!"

Sakai:
"We suspect they're planning a surprise raid on the city."

Janet:
"So... we get the plans... And we do what them?"

Sakai:
"We aren't taking any plans. We're... eliminating any that oppose a threat to the city."

Brey:
"Haha! So we take em' out before they do any damage."

Sakai:
"Well that's the just of it anyway."

Brey:
"We... just goin'ta march through there and take niggas our, or do we p**sy foot around the cornas'.

Brey's voice got unusually high.

Sakai:
"I've put together a strategy to do it...."

Sakai pulls out a map.

Sakai:
"Oshid will fly us to the compound, and defend the ship from soldiers. Brey, will storm the fortress. Me and Janet will bring down the tower."

Brey:
"Why is Janet goin' wit you? huh?"

Sakai:
"Because I knew It'd p**s you off."

Brey:
"... Fagot"

Brey grimaces and looks out the window while Janet blushes at Sakai.

Without warning the craft descends through clouds; alarms set off the doors of the confines open, soldiers with snipers, begin to open fire on Team Beta. The doors of the craft slide open and a quick force field of lightening is generating from the hand of Janet. The bullets explode on collision with lightening field. Janet guides the craft down to the ground. Oshid hopes out vigorously flames flutter about his body his hair ride on the wins current and a devilish grin on his mug.

His sword unsheathed--a broad sword it appears to be--It twirls around his right palm like the propeller of his avian vehicle. The suck in like a vortex and enflame the blades tip.

Oshid:
"WHO WANTS TO f**k WITH ME!"

His voice is filled with the darkness of a cave.
Back to top Go down
100 Shots
Patrician
Patrician
100 Shots

Team Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Beta   Team Beta Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 12:57 am

[Chapter 3: The strike of the four trooper]

Rows of twenty-five storm out of the stronghold wearing gray uniforms, and necro-black face masks making them indistinguishable from one another, carrying FN FAL's - a black German assault riffle. Their black combat boots leave crisp impressions in the thin morning snow..

They disperse around Oshid who's eccentrically cackling; he grasps the twirling sword around his right palm with both hands and severs the air horizontally to the opposing operatives, flinging a large meteor looking with ball of flames a loud thunderous-snapping sound. It forcing it's self through the chest of an unknown soldier generating a deep crater of smoldering, chard organs spilling out, along with cryptic smog and blazing ashes floating in the cold still air.

The silver-haired swordsman averts himself around to the back, in an elegant and fluid motion he swings his blade up to shoulder length and a fiery strip falls in a straight line and propels itself cutting through three Coercion enemies in half vertically leaving six scorched half dissolving in the melting snow birthing a black oily solution that taints the pure snow.

More operatives join in and empty their clips in Oshids direction. A lightly orange tinted sphere protrudes around Oshids body. The bullets succumb to the conflagration of the sphere and descend, making smoking cavities in the ground.The rest of team Beta take advantage of this distraction, and prepare to further infiltrate the base.

Sakai and Janet sprint to the tower at top speed. Sakai abrubtly stops and prepares for a jump while Janet hops on his back. Sakai squats down all the way and launches his cannon-like-legs up the wall of the tower, and with a brilliant flash a lightening strike blasts a hole in the gray stone wall; debris and dust implodes into the building and the duo land in the ruble while a red laser-beam-weapon barely misses Sakai.

“The gods must be smiling on you.”

A deep voice arises out of the dim room. As the dust clears a tall broad man stands ahead of them.

His upper is greatly defined, with silver wires wrapped his right chest go around his back, and a shimmering cylindrical cannon strapped to his right arm, with the tip of it smooth with a small puncture in the center.
His expression was eerily hard, and his eyes were pale gray and cold like snow.

“You’ll be the only outsiders to ever see the inside of this fortress, but now I have to blow you away with the memories of this.”

Sakai:
“I think he’s going to be blowing something else if you know what I mean.”

Janet bursts into a fit of laughter, the laser wielding man becomes in infuriated at the insult. He takes shot at Sakai, which he skillfully dodges. Sakai then sprints at lightening fast speeds, and jabs the man in the stomach.

Sakai:
“Looks like you won’t get a chance to be giving any blows today. Say. What’s your name anyway? ”

The buffed assailant drives his knee into Sakai’s rib cage lifting him into the air. He draws his fist back and rams into the leader of Team Beta’s right cheek – he could feel the impact starting to loosen one of his molars, and he tastes the faint, alkaline sensation of blood on his tongue, as his body bounces back, and attempts to stand up.

“My name’s Satsuma. ”

Satsuma readies his cannon for a blast, and aims down at Sakai, while the golden eye captain leered into the scarlet glowing barrel. The blast is fired toward the seemingly immobile Sakai.

Down with in the sleek corridors of the Dark ominous looking compound Brey wanders the hoary depressing hallways. Most of the confine seems unoccupied possibly do to Oshid having most of the soldiers out of the compound.

Brey:
”Damn it Oshid! That sadist has everybody out there, and leavin’ me to stalk around like homo detective.”

He continues to lurch through the corridors, until he faces dead end and a door. He curiously turns the knob and pushes it open and a creaking noise emits from the rusted henge’s.

A large room is behind it the ceiling and walls are dark mauve, and floors are bright ruby they almost seem to glow.

Brey:
“My god! Who’s the Schizo who decorated this room?

Brey shutters a bit, and is startled by a mysterious voice with an Australian accent.

“What? You don’t like my room?”
Brey swiftly glanced to his left to find a man standing there.

A blue and green coat covered his chest with white in the cuff lings and collar. His legs were sheathed in gray pants, and his feet housed in boots. His hair was a pinkish red.

Brey:
“I… assume…Uhhh. You're apart of Coercion aren’t you?”

“He he… well yeah I suppose I am. I’m the General of the facility. General Miles.”

Brey:
“Well it looks like you’re gonna have to die today.”

Breyshawn withdraws a glock 17 and points it at Miles. He tugs on the trigger and the slide glides against the frame as the gunfires with an explosive bang. The bullet rides through the air but is smacked down by Miles' left arm and hits the floor with a loud clank. Miles smiles arrogantly at Brey, while he stares back into his brown seeing cesspool of zeal.

Brey:
“… Okay no firearms. Looks like we're going one-on-one then.”

Brey drops his blue jacket on the ruby red floor exposing a black tank top; his mahogany arm melt into silver as fuse into a bright metal alloy, not only that but his iris’ grow bright silver.

Miles:
“Lets go at it then.”

Mile drops his coat on the ground showing his bear chest and something that surprised Brey. Cybernetic arms.
Back to top Go down
100 Shots
Patrician
Patrician
100 Shots

Team Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Beta   Team Beta Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 12:58 am

Chapter four: Corruption of the government

Satsuma’s canon flares up in a magnificently radiant luminosity, Sakai stares into the weaponry and is struck by paralysis; fugues of clandestine memories begin to resurface themselves and purges his minds …

The first flash is of gray buildings crumbling and being engulfed in it’s own clouds of dust.

The second is a dying a man with shady green hair and golden eyes; being corroded by blinding blue light.

But image fades… and fades… and fades away. But… A new image resonates into focus. Blue tendrils of illumination flowing out of the left palm of his partner: Janet.

The individual surges coil down her arms - similar to the wire attached to Satsuma- collating into a massive strike that’s intercepting Satsuma’s canon, and generating shock waves that disassembled the tiles.

The apex where the two beams met initiated a sphere, a sphere almost as bright as the sun, which sports tractorbeam-like qualities. It started to gorge on the high levels of energy, and expanded.

Janet:
“Sakai!”

Sakai:
“Eh?”

Janet:
“When I release the lightening… ugh… go in and strike while he’s still open… ah.”

Sakai looked confused after coming from unconsciousness and, and his heads was still hazy from his flashes, he got up and started to mentally prepare himself for his battle plan.

Sakai:
“ Stay … focused… d-don’t drift off… DON’T DRIFT OFF! ”

He inhaled a deep breath and then exhaled, and charged toward his opposer. The world seemed to slow down around him while air currents glided against his body and ruffled his shirt, the shock waves stung, like having a razor swept across his cheeks; letting the alkali-tasting fluids trickle down the side of his jaw.

He stopped… And Satsuma towered before him like a giant. The wind going against Sakai scattered and alerted the behemoth General, as it sent ice icicles down his back. Also to his attention was Janet’s beamless form and… a miniature sun eating his laser…?

The wind resistance slowed down Sakai’s punch from setting in. Satsuma… at the last minute dodged too the side, and Sakai’s fist met nothing but air…

The General disables his beam weapon , and the mini sun started to collapse into in to it self.

Meanwhile Breyshawn stands in Miles presence vexed and curious.

Brey:
“How’d you get those?”

Miles:
“Hmp? Oh! These things? I can thank a man named Genoas Yorba. Who gave me back what this country took away from me.”

Brey:
“They took away your arms though? How?”

Miles:
” They had to be amputated, on account of receiving two poison bullets; fighting in war we shouldn’t have, and being in land we shouldn’t have been in. Not even a noble cause, do you know what our ‘perfect’ leader sent us there for, to invade and take over their land.

I just happen to have been drafted in that mess. The disgusting thing the politions lied to you civilians and said they secret weapons and were planning a hostile genocide on us.

We told the people the truth but the politions used more crafty lies and patriotism to sway the morons.

The only people who’d side with were Coercion, they were and organization that had private access to a weapon lab, and that’s where most of us got our cybernetics. They had the necessities for us to gain power and we had the military training to them into an army in attempts for us to over throw the government and run it efficiently.”

Brey:
“Yeeeeeeaaaaah but all I wanted to know was why you had robot arms. I see why you would be mad but you don’t have to take it out the civilians. How would they know the truth?”

Miles:
“We told them the truth, those idiots don’t care about the facts. They care about patriotism. In my eyes people that dumb don’t deserve to live; they’re so caught up in ‘love’ of their precious nation there in denial that it can be wrong. “

Brey:
“I’m gettin’ sick’ve this argument. I came here to complete my mission not… have some debate about our leader and s**t”

Brey cocked his hands up in a fighting guard. Waiting for Miles to strike

Miles
“Fine with me.”

Brey runs toward Miles with a right hook. Miles ducks and goes into an uppercut and Breys teeth comes down on his Tongue.

Miles:
“Before I was in the Military, I had a career as a professional boxer. Also what the Government took from me.”

Brey:
“Aggh… Heh, my brother was a good boxer too! And that’s where I get my moves from.”

Brey goes straight for a jab to the gut.

In front the compound lies several burned, smoking lumps in the partially melted snow. Oshid stands in the in the center of the unholy massacre and looks around him. Not one is left alive from what he can see. Taking a solace in a mission complete he stroll back to ship… But. A distant laugh can be heard close by – a hoarse yet nasally sound, Oshid turns around to investigate the annoyance.

Oshid:
“I thought you were dead”

Hehehe you thought a lot of thing didn’t you, I bet you didn’t think about this! Did you? Hahahaha!

A body with it’s legs, and charred skin is shown with a small black remote is visible I his hand, with 12 gray numbered buttons on it. He punches in 3-2-4-9-2-each with it’s own beep.

The ground shakes and Oshid’s stomach turns and the felling of butterflies float up through his esophagus and the taste of copper and grape fruit on the back of his throat and back of his tongue starts to appear. His eyes become blurry and his head: clouded.

A large black object can be seen crawling toward Oshid.

The soldiers voice fades and is drowned out by the wind, just is his life is blown away, with a blazing orb that came from the throat.
Back to top Go down
100 Shots
Patrician
Patrician
100 Shots

Team Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Beta   Team Beta Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 2:32 pm

[Chapter five: The turning of tables ...]

Frost envelops the precincts of the murky confines… Electricity purges the wet, fringed air. The tables have been turned, and uncertainty, and perplexities consume the three soldiers, as they stand bewildered and attentive to the same space.

A bluish puncture resides in the midst of the room with it’s own substance running into the core.

Cerulean branches extend outward from the delicate digits of the female operative and encompass the vortex while dragging it towards her. Sakai grasps the moment and curls his fingers into fist; with maximum suavity and potency, he rockets his right arm into the canon of on the right arm of the giant and shattered it while metallic, and the silver shards fall with dull clanks, and the gleaming coiled, snake-like wires burst and become black. Sakai then pulls his darken knuckles out of the crevasse of darkened circuits.

Satsuma wails in pain and promptly outstretches his arm; turns his body backhands the cheek of his opposer leaving it red and slightly stinging. Sakai’s head turns back accompanied by an infuriated expression. Cocks his arm back lets a right hook fly across his chin. He then takes his left fist and jabs it into his abdomen following through with a right shot at the same spot. The black-haired captain of team beta crouches down building up energy like a spring and pops up with an uppercut shooting it into his throat causing his Adam’s apple to temporarily stop the oxygen from setting in sending massive pressure into his skull and launching him into the cold air.

Janet is kneeling on the ground enwrapped in sapphire hues, burning like a lit candle trying to prevent the black hole she grabbed from collapsing, and making it self-sustaining by feeding it energy.

The general is seen lying on the ground and his skin is changing from a pale white… to a sharp ruby. And begins to sluggishly come to his feet, Sakai’s mouth becomes ajar and his eyes widen.

Sakai:
“What the… what the hell is this?”

Satsuma:
“Haha Hahahaha HAHAHA. Coercion militia possesses a bioengineering lab. They were able to synthesize new genetic material to enhance my adrenal glands to produce more muscle, ATP and a new mineral compound in my biceps.”

Satsuma kisses his arm and slaps them.

Satsuma:
“And cause’s my melanin to turn such a beautiful color.”

Satsuma is indulges himself into another laughter fit.

Sakai:
“ He’ seems to be… on an adrenaline rush… but seems to be acting relatively normal…”

Sakai glances back at Satsuma laughing and kissing himself.

Sakai:
“ Ugh… scratch the last part. ”

Sakai speeds toward the towering red demon; their fist collides and turns Sakai sore.

The General throws monstrous punch at Sakai…

But! He intercepts the fist, and the veins in his neck bulge like a steroid junkies; his face muscles tense, and a vacant look falls upon him…

He’s going in to another…fugue of memory.

This time, ten strangers surround him, the memory is vague and the faces are too shady to distinguish, giving him dirty looks… penetrating looks… filling him with anguish and timidity, and his hold on Satsuma relinquishes, and he’s forced down on the cold smooth floor. Sakai spins around on a 360-degree angle as soon as he impacts the floor and trips Satsuma.

The Ebony haired soldier spins on his elbow and gradually goes to his palm… to his fingers and pops up like a kangaroo on cocaine and lands on feet ready for more action…

The General attempts to raise but no Avail, Sakai run’s over and drives boot across into his face dropping him down to the floor, then kicks his forehead so hard he lands back on his feet, though it may seem good for Satsuma, he’s assaulted across the face by a right hook and out done by a left. Sakai whips around the behemoth’s back and place’s his forearm over Satsuma’s throat trying to keep him in place but is struggling to do so.

Satsuma:
“You couldn’t help just touching my magnificent body could. Could you?”

Sakai:
“I liked you better when you were weak, and not red.”

Sakai then averts his attention to his partner on the groung containing "weapon that cound possibly decide the bout.

Sakai:
“Janet! Janet! Shoot that lightening thing at him. Quick! While I have him bound.”

Janet halts… and peculiarly, refrains from attacking Satsuma.

Janet:
“No. Sakai, I’m not going to do this.”

Elsewhere a similar bout is under way; Brey and Miles flutter around the room in boxing stances, Brey’s tired from hold his arms up, and is out of breathe while Miles face is battered slightly but still is bouncing ready to go at it. They’ve paused and started to analyze each other… trying to understand their styles.

Brey:
“ Ugh… ugh… he’s fast. I’ve got a few hits in the beginning; but… every time I try to go in for another hit, he strikes, no matter where I block, he finds spots on me… I didn’t even I had… These, these sluggish arms aren’t fast enough to hit ‘em but if I turn them back, I won’t enough power to hit ‘em… Wait! That’s it! That’s my solution! ”

Miles:
“Heh he. He’s got those huge canons on ‘im and but can’t hit fast enough, though he won’t give me direct face shot. If I want to knock ‘im out… I’ll need to go in close and when he tries to take that hit…WAAAAM! Ha ha ha…
Hey… light-weight… are ready for round two?”

He shouts to Breyshawn in a cocky mannar, Brey then looks at, then spits out of the side of his mouth.

Brey:
“ Hahahaha. Let’s go!”

The two lock eye’s trying to see if they can see what the other is going to do. They go closer to each other and Miles throws two jabs which Brey blocks Miles goes in for another punch and Brey mirrors, his moves and goes for the left cheek. But! Miles’ swiftness allows him to dodge the assault, but his punch does not land.

Miles and Brey both start to throw flurries of hits onto each other. Brey large brown arms thrusts into Mile’s face metalize upon impact. Sspit flies out of Miles mouth – swelling up his left cheek – and like-wise his righ arm shoots at his stomach. Miles in a fit of rage pummels Brey’s head toward the floor. But then he stops… his right cybernetic wrist becomes unloosened and shatters on the ground, and miles looked traumatized, as the silver shimmering face of Brey rises smirking at the Australian General.

Miles:
“Yo-what… how’d… What the hell are you?”

Brey:
“Hahahaha. When I… was 14 I caught skin cancer and got an irreversible cure with a side effect of morphing my skin into an iron ore.”

Brey revealed another gun, a silver Glock 26. He aim toward Miles and fired and this time… Miles… didn’t try to block. Btr eerily a second bullet pierces Miles, but Brey only shot… one round…?

Back outside Oshid lies in the snow and wakes to be face-to-face – well close enough – to an 11 ft. tall centipede-like Robot. He jumps up jerkishly and light-headed, he attempts to send a shot of fire to the Automaton… but to no avail, he looses balance and burst’ of flames explode out of is body. In different directions, leaving smoke everywhere. The mechanical monster unleashes several scarlet lasers much like Satsuma’s technology, which the potency is weakened by Oshid’s conflagrational barrier. The silver-haired swordsman picks himself up. And tries to escape to the other side of the compound.He's stricken with desperation and fatigue,, he trips and falls in the snow and lies there, he drifts… and drifts and drifts away leaving his consciousness and going elsewhere, As the Android centipede draws closer... and closer... and CLOSER! to his dank motionless form.
Back to top Go down
100 Shots
Patrician
Patrician
100 Shots

Team Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Beta   Team Beta Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 2:33 pm

Chapter six: The decision…]

Miles:
“What… did you do?”

Miles spoke at a whisper.

Brey:
“I used smart bullets. They have muscle wire so they can curve. The second shot was from changin’ directions and goin’ through both, ya arms.”

Miles:
“I can’t believe it… damn you fate… once again you’ve taken my arms away… and did so using the same subordinate: the military. How ironic.”

Brey begins to withdraw his gun ready to take the only think left of the Coercion general, as the silver armed solider is about to let the bullet cascade out of his firearm, his victim commands something unexpected of him.

Miles:
“Yes. That’s right. Kill me.”

Brey:
“Wait! Why do you want me to kill you?”

Brey looks at Miles oddly; questioning his insane request for him to commit euthanasia.

Miles:
“Fate must not want me to have arms, and there’s no goin’ against that… and if I can’t have arms… What can I do now? I can’t defend myself so there goes my boxing career… and Coercion said they’d only gives us free cybernetics if we put them in thrown of power, and I’ve got no money, no home, no family. I’m useless. I’m nothing. I have nothing. I might as well be dead.”

Brey:
“Since you’re no threat. It would be inhumane to kill you.”

Miles:
“Huh?”

Brey:
“I was instructed only to kill militant threats to our objective. You renouncing Coercion makes you a civilian. Killing would be illegal.”

Miles:
“So you’re just going to leave me here? To die of starvation? At least let my die quickly. Just leaving me here would be inhumane. Don’t think of this as an execution. Think of this… as favor, from a pleading citizen.”

Brey:
“No matter what you wanna call it… It’s still a violation until the mission is declared over… I’d be taking the of simple city person.”

Miles:
“Fine. Just leave me to reflect on my mistakes in our fight.”

Miles lies on the floor; indulged in his flawed battle tactics… if he’d gone for the face in first he wouldn’t be in this situation. Sensation being vexed overwhelms him, and drowns him in animosity, and sorrow, that his at that awaits his future is his dimes. Yet his life seems… unfulfilled, being only 26 and having spent his last 8 years being the mere pawn… a figure that was used to capture their prize, He can now see it’s his biggest regret, and punishing him that… Then feeling of frost accumulates around his torso, and seems to be lifting him…he sees the ground shimmering hues of platinum.

Brey:
“Since you surrendered, technically I can you as a prisoner of war. I’ll let the commission decide if you’ll executed or thrown into.”

Miles:
“So that’s what’s left for rotting the rest of my useless life in a cell, or the injection… I’ll plead for execution so then my time on the planes can finally come to an end.”

Brey:
“Jeez. Talk about bipolar. You seemed happy-go-lucky when we met. Now your just pessimistic.”

In the towers Sakai is stunned to find Janet defying his orders.

Sakai:
“Why the hell not!”

Janet:
“If I do he’ll die, Sakai. I don’t care if he’s our enemy, I’m not to revoke him of life nobody has that. Right.”

Sakai:
“So what are we going to do Janet? Just let him go so he can kill us? We’ve been assigned this mission; we can’t just let what we think is right or wrong hinder us from, doing so.”

Janet:
“But why must we take his life away? We could him knock unconscious and incarcerate him. Why does murder have to be to the only option?”

Satsuma:
“Yeah, listen to girl. Just throw me in jail. I surrender.”

Sakai:
“Shut up! You don’t deserve to talk…you had a chance before. You didn’t take it so now you’re stripped of that right. ”

Sakai then averts his speech to Janet.

Sakai:
“What’d you think we do when we got here? We aren’t cops. We’re soldiers. You don’t here of war hero going in to battle and arresting people. They go in and kill the opposers so they don’t invade the country, not put them in jail, until they become over crowded and break free! You should’ve learned this upon becoming solider.”

Janet and looks into the cold eyes of Sakai and knows he’s but at the same moment knows she right also. She would be spearing one life for many others, knowing that Satsuma is more than capable of escaping. Clear Rivers run down the side of her cheek, her objective his clear. She must murder the man.

The glow blue orb launches from her hands taking her aura with it. Satsuma’s body glides through the air like eagle after being hurled by Sakai. The two bodies meet and peals
Of thunder coarse thought the corridors. Dead burned skin of a once proud, boisterous red now darken and chips off of the late generals body exposing the red and blue tubes that carry the blood through out his body encircling his pink burning. Janet watches horridly as those tubes burst with crimson fluids spraying vanishing into the brilliant light, muscle tissue is ripped the cartilage and ligaments and swirl around into a vortex of carnage while the entrails are swallowed up like noodle as the bones collapse and break into shards.

Janet closes her eyes trying hard not to bring up pain full memories, and trying not to throw up in the process. She falls on the cold cement; in a puddle of tears. The deed takes a toll on her mentally and physically. Sakai stands near by silent and not shedding a tear…

In a completely different time period… Oshids mind arrives in different time and space… He’s fourteen again and in a deep part of the woods the birds chirp meekly, flowers and grass were brush and healthy, Oshid slashes rapidly through shrubbery, but he’s being supervised by an old a sensei – sensei Yutan – his hair is glistening silver, and eyes are brown like dirt, he wears a light blue kimono and black pants under, his expression is stern and serious.

Oshid continues to slash only trip over his own feet.

Yutan:
“Oshid!”

His voice had hints of Japanese in them; both Oshid and Yutan share the same ethnicity.

Yutan:
“Your form is horrible. That’s a broad sword not a baseball bat. A swordsman swings with elegance and grace; you’re just swinging with anger and frustration.”

Oshid:
“I’m just angry, that’s all”

Yutan:
“About what? Oshid-kun.”

Oshid stops swinging and turns to his instructor with a disturbed look.

Oshid:
“They kicked me out.”

Yutan:
“What?”

Oshid:
“My parents. They kicked me out of the house. They said I don’t have control of my Pyrokinetics. They think I’m too dangerous to have round the house… So I’m not aloud to come back, that’s why they sent me to be with you.”

Yutan:
“So, because you aren't good at it. They kicked you out?”

Oshid:
“I was born with a birth defect. The part of my brain that lets me control thermal energy is smaller than usual, so I struggle more than usual. They want me to come here to learn ‘discipline’.”

Yutan:
“I see. But just because you of that defect doesn’t mean you can’t over come it, they apparent think with my help you gain control over it. Because controlling fire and controlling a sword are similar with out control they can cause harm to user and to others. You have to use your sword as a container.”

Oshid:
“And how do I do that?”

Yutan:
“I’ll show an exercise that will help… It will also let you unlock the power the Solaris...”
Back to top Go down
100 Shots
Patrician
Patrician
100 Shots

Team Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Beta   Team Beta Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 2:35 pm

[Chapter 7:The Blade of the sun unsheathed…]

Oshid:
“Solaris? … What is that? A planet?”

Yutan closes his eyes and points his back to Oshid; the wind violently tore throw the air with a loud whip, tossing the young boys hair helplessly like dead leaves.

Yutan:
“The Solaris has existed for at least a century and has been past down throughout the Pyrokinetic lineage… It is the only true method to restrain something as destructive and powerful as the flame… But to do so you need a container something away from and with you at the same time.”

Oshid:
“…”

Yutan:
“Your sword, Oshid… A swordsman’s sword isn’t just a weapon… It’s a manifestation of him. It’s apart of his essence – his soul. In a battle, a swordsman does not use his sword to win… He and the sword win together in symbiosis. He uses his soul, incarnated in to a physical weapon… That is how the sword is with you…

But at the same, we are synchronized spiritually, yet are not the same flesh. The metallic molecules in its blade are not the some as the protein ones in ours. So it is away from us.

The sword… is the perfect container for the Solaris…”

Oshid leers at his katana with uncertainty and skepticism. How could this non-hollow thing hold the blaze of a fire? It’s impossible! There’s no way he could get flames in inside it.

Yutan:
“If there’s any doubts you have… remove them from your heart and throw them into the winds, let them be carried away.”

Oshid:
“But sensei… I have trouble controlling flames already, how could I do something so… complicated?”

Yutan:
“How badly do you want to go home? Are you willing to let something as worthless as doubt hinder that goal.”

Oshid knew his teacher spoke the truth. And he knew something as trivial as doubt yield from going farther in his studies was stupid. Yet some reluctance resided within him. He couldn’t figure out why… It was tearing him apart inside.

Yutan:
“How about a demonstration? Perhaps it will give you the closure you need?”

Oshid:
“Alright them. Show me this’ Solaris’.”

Yutan:
“Very well. But I can’t use the full extent of this technique it would rival that of nuclear holocaust. Heh.”

A veil of insecurity befalls Oshid. The Japanese master known as Yutan gesticulates for his pupil to hand him the katana. Oshid hurls it through the air letting it whirl like a Frisbee; his master intercepts with his left palm by the bronze handle, and positions it in front of him. A calm breath enters Yutan’s nostrils and huff of steam his expelled from his lips.

Yutan:
“First you take in the air from around you and replace it with any frustration, you have in form.”

Oshid nods and in a perplexed way; subliminally telling him to proceed.

Yutan:
“As you know. Our brains not only produce alpha and beta waves; they generate a unique kind of wave – psi waves – that can enter even our nerve endings and surround our bodies manipulating our thermal energy.

By making that spiritual link with your sword you can surround the sword too, like a limb from the body. You dig the waves into its chemical make up of letting the atoms absorb that part of your brain.”

The thermal conductivity increases and flows in a sapient stream into the ashen sword, assimilating with it, lighting it up like a lantern. Oshid’s eyes broaden in awe to the spectacle. The reluctance in him was gone; lost in the wind, but its place was not left vacant. It is now occupied by a desire to possess this kind of power, as he observes Master Yutan’s swing of the glowing instrument, releasing a violent, radiant heat wave that carried the brunette tainted dust from the ground and into the air. Large clouds of ebony smoke gobble the rich orange blaze from the foliage in the trees and toward the rest of the forest.

Oshid now knew that this what needed to master his affliction of in-control. That if he could master that… he might be able to master all aspects of Pyrokinetics. He can feel himself coming from his flash back into the present.

A disturbing image of the Centipede engaged in a melee with Brey and Sakai, while Janet lies passed out in the snow next to him. A cornucopia of anxiety and confusing envelopes him, but intrigue to who the stranger next.

Oshid:
“Who the hell are you?”

Miles:
“I’m Miles. Former Coercion general… I’m now a prisoner of the military. “

Oshid:
“But why are you here?”

Miles:
“I was be held captive by Breyshawn, until we left the compound… we found you on the ground unconscious. So Brey held out until Sheila over there and your creepy lookin’ captain came.”

Oshid studied the machine as his partners fair against the robotic behemoth as it unleashes lasers from its red eye.

Miles:
“I think… we’re just about dead now…”

Oshid rises to his feet and looks Miles in the eye sternly…

Oshid:
“Pluck the doubt from your heart and throw it into the wind. For I have a trump card … the blade of the sun… or as master would call it Solaris .”

Oshid unsheathed his sword as the remnant memory of what his teacher told him buzzed through his head.
Back to top Go down
100 Shots
Patrician
Patrician
100 Shots

Team Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Beta   Team Beta Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 2:35 pm

[Chapter Eight:The Blade of the sun unsheathed…]

Oshid:
“Solaris? … What is that? A planet?”

Yutan closes his eyes and points his back to Oshid; the wind violently tore throw the air with a loud whip, tossing the young boys hair helplessly like dead leaves.

Yutan:
“The Solaris has existed for at least a century and has been past down throughout the Pyrokinetic lineage… It is the only true method to restrain something as destructive and powerful as the flame… But to do so you need a container something away from and with you at the same time.”

Oshid:
“…”

Yutan:
“Your sword, Oshid… A swordsman’s sword isn’t just a weapon… It’s a manifestation of him. It’s apart of his essence – his soul. In a battle, a swordsman does not use his sword to win… He and the sword win together in symbiosis. He uses his soul, incarnated in to a physical weapon… That is how the sword is with you…

But at the same, we are synchronized spiritually, yet are not the same flesh. The metallic molecules in its blade are not the some as the protein ones in ours. So it is away from us.

The sword… is the perfect container for the Solaris…”

Oshid leers at his katana with uncertainty and skepticism. How could this non-hollow thing hold the blaze of a fire? It’s impossible! There’s no way he could get flames in inside it.

Yutan:
“If there’s any doubts you have… remove them from your heart and throw them into the winds, let them be carried away.”

Oshid:
“But sensei… I have trouble controlling flames already, how could I do something so… complicated?”

Yutan:
“How badly do you want to go home? Are you willing to let something as worthless as doubt hinder that goal.”

Oshid knew his teacher spoke the truth. And he knew something as trivial as doubt yield from going farther in his studies was stupid. Yet some reluctance resided within him. He couldn’t figure out why… It was tearing him apart inside.

Yutan:
“How about a demonstration? Perhaps it will give you the closure you need?”

Oshid:
“Alright them. Show me this’ Solaris’.”

Yutan:
“Very well. But I can’t use the full extent of this technique it would rival that of nuclear holocaust. Heh.”

A veil of insecurity befalls Oshid. The Japanese master known as Yutan gesticulates for his pupil to hand him the katana. Oshid hurls it through the air letting it whirl like a Frisbee; his master intercepts with his left palm by the bronze handle, and positions it in front of him. A calm breath enters Yutan’s nostrils and huff of steam his expelled from his lips.

Yutan:
“First you take in the air from around you and replace it with any frustration, you have in form.”

Oshid nods and in a perplexed way; subliminally telling him to proceed.

Yutan:
“As you know. Our brains not only produce alpha and beta waves; they generate a unique kind of wave – psi waves – that can enter even our nerve endings and surround our bodies manipulating our thermal energy.

By making that spiritual link with your sword you can surround the sword too, like a limb from the body. You dig the waves into its chemical make up of letting the atoms absorb that part of your brain.”

The thermal conductivity increases and flows in a sapient stream into the ashen sword, assimilating with it, lighting it up like a lantern. Oshid’s eyes broaden in awe to the spectacle. The reluctance in him was gone; lost in the wind, but its place was not left vacant. It is now occupied by a desire to possess this kind of power, as he observes Master Yutan’s swing of the glowing instrument, releasing a violent, radiant heat wave that carried the brunette tainted dust from the ground and into the air. Large clouds of ebony smoke gobble the rich orange blaze from the foliage in the trees and toward the rest of the forest.

Oshid now knew that this what needed to master his affliction of in-control. That if he could master that… he might be able to master all aspects of Pyrokinetics. He can feel himself coming from his flash back into the present.

A disturbing image of the Centipede engaged in a melee with Brey and Sakai, while Janet lies passed out in the snow next to him. A cornucopia of anxiety and confusing envelopes him, but intrigue to who the stranger next.

Oshid:
“Who the hell are you?”

Miles:
“I’m Miles. Former Coercion general… I’m now a prisoner of the military. “

Oshid:
“But why are you here?”

Miles:
“I was be held captive by Breyshawn, until we left the compound… we found you on the ground unconscious. So Brey held out until Sheila over there and your creepy lookin’ captain came.”

Oshid studied the machine as his partners fair against the robotic behemoth as it unleashes lasers from its red eye.

Miles:
“I think… we’re just about dead now…”

Oshid rises to his feet and looks Miles in the eye sternly…

Oshid:
“Pluck the doubt from your heart and throw it into the wind. For I have a trump card … the blade of the sun… or as master would call it Solaris .”

Oshid unsheathed his sword as the remnant memory of what his teacher told him buzzed through his head.
Back to top Go down
100 Shots
Patrician
Patrician
100 Shots

Team Beta Empty
PostSubject: Files of Coruption   Team Beta Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 2:37 pm

[Chapter Nine:The face of death]

The Fists of Sakai fly, like angry mosquitoes swarming around a dead horse, bombard the cryptic cast iron shell of the artificial Grim Reaper spawning loud clanks from his adamant fist. With a back flip… he maneuvers out of the clearance, as Brey rushes in with a forward thrust of his gleaming right arm into the laser-birthing scarlet eye of the darkened metal beast, shocking him as it refuses to crack.

In frustration he kicks the automaton while spinning his body, lands on the same foot, raises the other and lets it crash done on it’s crown. He withdraws his foot and gets in a boxing stance; he continues to assault the head region with hook shots and jabs.

A swirl of red light vacates the evil eye and hits Brey full on…

Lucky for Brey his iron chest is extra-reflective. The beam redirects it self back to its owner leaving its mineral skull exposed as it’s dead circuits drop off like decaying flesh into a smoking pile into the snow.

The cocky Breyshawn grabs hold of the skull frame and rips it off with an arrogant laugh.

Sakai:
“Finally … it took you long enough.”

“Back up hydrogen supply initiating …”

A female voice cascades into the air with a computerized tone…

Brey:
“Aw crap! Is that thing still alive?”

“Android programming initiated.”

As agile as cheetah a black body explodes into the air from the center chamber in the centipede’s chest and lands adjacent to Sakai. It stood standing at his height, with a red laser-bearing lens taking up almost half of it’s life less face. Its entire body mirrored the human, except the face, which gives a person its uniqueness.

Its shadowy hands encases Sakai’s throat, forcing its swollen strain on his Adam’s apple; his trachea grows empty of air. His brain receives the pressure also as feels as if it’s about to explode. The militia-empowered captain’s knees sank into the wintry snow dampening his pant legs, as his real ones become limb and chest starts to pressurize.

His eyes glisten with burning stings while they flicker into his head like a seizure, leaving nerve endings in his body tingling as if flies were beat their wings against them.

A loud blast takes refuge in Sakai’s ears like an alarm waking him out of his comatose slumber. The first thing his eyes behold appears to be a head less android with circuits poking out of it’s opened neck sizzling with sparks and crackles like fireworks. The pressure dies down inside but doesn’t vacate completely. The petrified fingers unwrap from Sokai giving his body permission to collapse into the wetness of the snow allowing him to regain oxygen in small puffs of visible steaming breath.

Breyshawn walks over to the fallen captain with a gun in his hand and a vexing glare in his cold dark eyes; his feet end their journey when they meet Sakai. His shining arms – like a medieval knights armor and raised their stricken teammate to his feet with a plop.

Sakai regains his calm demeanor, and turns to Brey with a stoic face.

Sakai:
“I’ll take a guess… and say that was your doing back there…”

Brey:
“Yeah. I made direct to the. I think it has some kind of positronic brain that sends messages through its body, kind of like ours… I shot with the last bullet I had… I guess that was the alternative ‘power off switch’.”

Sakai:
“That thing seemed perfectly designed, it had agility and potency up to par with me, if I had the first hit I might’ve had a better chance… That repulsive thing seemed to be intelligent; it knew I’d die if I strangled me. And for all we know it could have a back brain. Our best course of action is to destroy its remains completely. “

Miles:
“Looks like they didn’t need your help…but then again… it’s not like it’d make a difference anyway.”

Oshid:
“I could have, given the opportunity anyway.”

Miles:
“With what? That sword? You saw how fast it moved, if you even made a sudden move towards it you’d’ would been killed.”

As Miles words settle into Oshid’s ears, past qualms begin house themselves in his consciousness, and initiating genocide to his confidence. His sword lowers as the uncertainty trespass into his thoughts spreading a montage of negativity into them… that begin taunting him. Whispering destructive comments to him.

“I’ve only seen it done once.
What if I couldn’t control it?
What if… it even cost my teammates their lives…?
I would’ve been killed wouldn’t I?
I would’ve messed up like all ways”

Eosaki (Sakai) walks over to the decapitated body of the metal menace. And stares down with a since of superiority over it, like slave aster to his servant.

Sakai:
“I hope it’s possible for me to send you to hell.”

His clenched fist breaks into the murky chest plate of the mercenary android crushing countless circuits, making them hissing like snakes as the smell of burnt copper streams into the wintry air proceeded by numerous blows rain down on the computerized soldier as Sakai continues his assault on the machine, releasing sparks, mirroring the speed that
the mechanical assassin previously sported. Sounds of class cracking and the echo of iron screws hit a marble floor blended together forming sounds of a jackhammer. The once proud electronic killer is nothing less of black sharp scraps and massacred copper wires.

Sakai stops as his fist begin to sting with violent throbs and dye a deep ruby. Profound breaths depart from his chest, accompanied by his rage and vengeance, as another stoic
calm sets on his shoulders as he looks at is swollen digits.

Brey’s looks harden as they rest on the sight of the psychotic man, making him quite disturbed.

Brey:
“Damn man… You didn’t need to do All’ve that “

Sakai:
“It friggin tried to strangle me. I thought it’d die. I just needed to get pay back.”

Brey:
“Pay back? It’s a robot not a human. It probably can’t even feel pain. You’re acting, as it has an actual face or somethin’.”

Sakai:
“ It did have face. “

Brey:
“What?”

Sakai
“It had a face! I saw it while it was choking me... it was… it was a nauseating one. I saw death in its eyes, I could feel as if it was taking pleasure by causing my death, it was taunting, practically laughing in my face. It may not have heart… but I felt it as if it were alive.

Brey:
“Your in-friggin-sane! Your convinced that a bunch’ve wires and circuits are alive? I don’t believe this s**t.”

Sakai:
“You didn’t see what I saw. That’s not a machine. It had the face of a demon. Hey! Are you listening?”

Brey’s attention detaches from Sakai and fixates on some thing else, but what ever it is seems to deeply horrify Breyshawn, leaving his jaw dropped and eyes indulged in a cesspool of fear, which infects Sakai he sees and army of black bodies each in organized rows like a militia, with every individual identical to their subsequent animatronic foe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Team Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Beta   Team Beta Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Beta
Page 1 of 1